The Zojirushi NP-GBC05 3-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer is the ideal rice cooker for single people or smaller families. This rice cooker can prepare 3 cups of rice and keep them warm via induction heating technology.
This rice cooker is compact, so there is no need to worry about counter space.
Features for the Zojirushi NP-GBC05
- The unit comes with LCD control panel and buttons for “Cooking”, “keeping warm” and “reset”. It also includes a clock and a timer and a menu for different types of cooking, including white rice, rinse-free rice, sushi rice, porridge, brown rice, GABA Brown.
- Induction heating technology: This is the smallest rice cooker on the market to have the ability to use this type of technology for cooking rice. I have written a in depth review of this type of technology on the main Zojirushi page here, but in general it provides really great quality rice because heat is produced all around the bowl instead of just on the bottom. This results in better fluffier and better tasting rice than your average rice cooker.
- This rice cooker has a detachable cord. The box includes a non stick spatula, a spatula holder and a measuring cup.
- The rice cooker is remarkably easy to use and easy to clean by hand. Warning: Do not clean the inner bowl or spatula with any abrasive cleaner or brush. Do not wash it in the dishwasher and do not pour vinegar in it.
How are consumers rating this rice cooker?
The reviews for the product are extremely positive, and the current rating in Amazon is an incredible 4.9 out of 5 stars.
CLICK HERE to get the Zojirushi NP-GBC05 3-Cup Rice Cooker for the best price through Amazon.com. At the time of writing the review there was a 25% discount.
We always like to include a discussion of any negative review that has been given by users of the product. This will help our readers to best choose their product in an unbiased manner. The good news about the Zojirushi NP-GBC05 3-Cup Rice Cooker is that it has unusually few negative reviews, in fact 89% of reviewers have given it a 5-star rating and 11% have given it a 4-star rating.
Having said that, there were some suggestions that customers would have loved to get with this product:
- Dim LCD Display: A customer felt that the LCD should be lit. If your kitchen does not have bright light, it could be difficult to read the display at night.
- Another critique from a customer was that the warranty is only valid if the purchase is done through authorized dealers. Customers would love that Zojirushi backs up all their products independently from where it was bought.
We want to point out that the above were only suggestions and comments from people that loved the product. Other than these there was no negative feedback for this product. Customers were highly satisfied with this product.
CLICK HERE to read through more reviews in detail.
The Zojirushi NP-GBC05 3-Cup Rice Cooker has some impressive features that the customers love. One of the features that everyone comments about is the automatic shut off. When the cooking finished the rice cooker will shut off but will keep the rice warm, moist and un-burnt until you are ready to eat it. Reviewers said that it would keep the rice warm even when the “keep warm” setting was off
- Induction Heating: The rice cooker cooks the rice evenly. Reviewers said that the rice tastes delicious, better than the restaurant rice. Customers love the taste and smell of it. Customers have also successfully cooked brown rice, quinoa, millet and porridge.
- The timer can be set to the time you want the meal to be ready. For example if you want to have porridge for breakfast, then before you go to bed you could set the timer to have the porridge ready by 7:30.
- This cooker is the right size for a small family and even small enough to move it at the dinner table
- Since the container is nonstick, the cleaning of this is a breeze. Some customer said they just leave it to dry and clean it with a paper towel.
- Style: With its stainless steel casing, steam vent, carrying handle and compact style this rice cooker fits in any kitchen style and won’t take up much room when place on a dinner table.
The cost for the Zojirushi NP-GBC05 rice cooker is significantly higher than many other cookers for the same size range. Although the prices vary from different stores you can normally for about $250 to $300 range. The main reason for this price is because it includes Induction Heating technology when rice is being cooked. The materials for the pot and casing are made from the best materials as well. There are no cheap aluminum casing on this model it purely encased with stainless steel which means it is built to last and unlike cheaper materials it won’t start breaking down after a couple of years of use.
The ratings of this product speak for themselves. At the time of me writing this review the Zojirushi NP-GBC05 rice cooker has 4.9 star rating out 5! What is more impressive is that out 28 people that have taken their time to write a review had given it less than 4 out of 5 star.
Despite this really good rating though you have to remember that this rice cooker has the capability of cooking up to 6 cups of cooked rice. An average adult will usually eat up from 1.5 to 2 cups of rice in a sitting so basically this cooker is for single people or small families only. If you really have decided to get this cooker but will be cooking for more than 4 people at a time my suggestion is to move to the Zojirushi NP-HBC10 5 cup rice cooker. It has all the features of the NP-GBC05 including induction heating abilities and can cost about $30 – $50 more. I have also written an in-depth review of the cooker here.
Otherwise if this does not apply to you if you are looking for compact rice cooker with the latest technology and great reviews have a look at the Zojirushi NP-GBC05.